Monday, August 20, 2007

I dogle

Wet drops on noses
And whiskers (not on kittens)
Bright eyed daschunds and hungry curs in kitchens
Brown mangy mongrels tied up with string
These are a few of my favourite things
Cream coloured retrievers and half shaven poodles
Angry dogs, sad dogs and pups who leave puddles
Wild dalmations that fly, and don't listen when you call
I love them... yes I love them ...all
Pomeranians and lap dogs always so snappy
Loving labradors lazy and happy
Silver white huskies that I've never seen
These are several of my favourite theeengs....



I belong to a family of 'doglers'. Oglers at dogs. Its crazy ... our unconditional love for canines.

8 comments:

~vagabond~ said...

*folding my arms and pouting* I'm upset. You didn't include German Shepherd dogs. LOL. I love dogs too. I own a lab mix and a GSD. Or should I say they own me?

Once again, here's a poem that speaks to me!

Nishhh... said...

Mingo :)

quintaqua said...

vagabond... dont be cross... i'm a rhyming freak. alsatian was rhyming with dalmation, but didnt know where to fit 'em in!!

quintaqua said...

nish... mingo mingo

Chandni said...

what a lovely rhyme!!!
these ARE a few of our fav. things..we ARE a canine loony family and i love it :D

Periwinkle said...

for someone who cleans her dogs ears with earbuds this poem is a delight...i lob u for lobing dogs(remember Im from Bengal)hee hee

Periwinkle said...

brown mangy mongrels tied up with strings...i met one on a field visit last week...it was the tiniest and mist malnourished pup in the world though black...and it was valiently barking at the intruder(thats me)...my heart simply melted but i already have two once upon a time mangy mongrels at home (collected from previous field visits)

quintaqua said...

awww :)