Saturday, September 09, 2006

yellow curtain

I got my yellow curtain from Sarojini Nagar market. It was the kind I was wanting for some time then. Checked, cotton, with wooden buttons. When I spotted one, it made my day.

Putting it up was one task. As my window was bereft of a pelmet, I had to have nails hammered on either side. Without a hammer, I did it with a crumbly brick (how clever of me). So, several percussions and lots of brick powder later I managed to get the nails in, but realized (too late) that I had to get the spring and the curtain in BEFORE the second nail was hammered in. Now after much tugging, I got one nail out and did the needful. But ever since that, the second nail is precariously perched in a cave of sorts (the hole for the nail widened into this gaping thing) and the spring bearing my beloved yellow keeps falling off.
Now its been behaving itself. I hammered the incorrigible nail with a giant Vaseline jar and... bingo.. it worked!!

2 comments:

Chandni said...

its always fun to read narrations of mundane things in humour!
reminds me of uncle tom hangs a picture..v had that story in english!

Madhur Kashyap said...

:-)) I do it almost everytime I am asked to do such involved things at home :-D. My mum would then laugh at my foolishness and I go all crazy.

But these small incidents are real fun.